Auke Visser's Exxon- & S/R Vessels Site | home
Exxon Washington - (1973-1990)
See her also as : Esso Washington
"Exxon Washington" at New Orleans, La., April 1980.
( Photo Copyright Harry Stott )
Build in 1957 as "Esso Washington" by Shipyard Newport News, she became in 1973 "Exxon Washington",
sold in 1990 as "Texas Trader" and was scrapped in 1994.
Additional Information :
* Esso Washington's owner in 1969 was Humble Oil & Refining Company, U.S.A.
* Exxon Washington's owner in 1988 was the Exxon Transportation Company, U.S.A. (Exxon Shipping Company)
* Texas Trader's owner in 1992 was the Fourth Attransco Tanker Corporation, U.S.A. (American Trading Transportation Copmany)
* Retired from service and sold for scrapping early in 1994
* 23 May 1994 she anchored off Alang, India
* 26 May 1994 she was beached
* 3 August 1994 work on cutting the hull down for scrap was started by crews at the Lalchan Zain & Sons yard
Information sources - Fairplay Internet Ship Register, Lloyds Registers & Marine News - The World Ship Society.
Additional Info from Starke & Schell registers :
ESSO WASHINGTON - 1957
Build by Newport News : Newport News : #520
For Esso Shipping Co - USA
24543 GRT, 38124 DWT, 715 Feet / 685 Feet, 93 Feet, Tanker, 1 DR. Steamturbines, Spped 18 Knots.
1973 EXXON WASHINGTON (Exxon Tptn Co -USA)
1990 TEXAS TRADER (Fourth Attransco Tanker Corp - USA)
Broken Up, L.Jain & Sons : Alang : Arrived. 23 May 1994.
The Miramar Ship Index for "ESSO WASHINGTON"
1973 EXXON WASHINGTON - 1990 TEXAS TRADER
Scrapped at Alang 26.05.1994. [ By Lalchan Zain & Sons ]