The FPSO OSX-1, the first floating production, storage and offloading unit in OSX's fleet, achieved average operating efficiency of 99%, since it began production, on January 31, 2012, for its major client OGX. The production unit is connected to two production wells at OGX’s field Tubarão Azul, in Campos Basin.
OSX-1 was built in South Korea and customized at the Keppel shipyard in Singapore, and completed its final test phase in Rio de Janeiro. Measuring 271.75 meters in length, it can store up to 900 thousand barrels of oil. FPSO OSX-1 in numbers:
- First floating production, storage, and offloading unit belonging to OSX.
- The Sail Away Ceremony took place in Singapore on August 13, 2011.
- The 45-day crossing from Singapore to Brazil included a total of 1100 hours of navigation, covering over 16 thousand kilometers at a speed of 8.3 knots.
- Arrived in Rio de Janeiro in October 2011.
- Eight new modules weighing up to 700 tons each were built; other modules were adapted, and the total project consumed approximately 2 million man-hours.
- 3200 tons is the weight of the topside equipment.
- 180 kilometers of power cables were installed; if stretched, they would cover the distance from Rio de Janeiro to Macaé.
- Over 7000 spots on board are monitored by the automated system. The vessel´s generation capacity of 36 mega watts is sufficient to supply a mid-sized city of 50 thousand inhabitants.
- On January 31, 2012, successfully started the first oil production for its major client, OGX.
- The unit will begin operating in the Campos Basin to produce the first oil for its major client, OGX.
- It has been leased to OGX for a period of 20 years.
- The designed production capacity is up to 60,000 BOE per day, and the storage capacity is up to 900,000 barrels.
- Funded by a pool of global banking institutions lead by Norwegian DVB Bank, with a total of US$ 420 million.
- For the funding operation, the project was awarded the Jane's Transport Finance Awards, in the category "Shipping Debt Deal of the Year - South America" in London, in 2011, and “Deal of the Year
– 2010”, in the “Project Finance” category, offered by the “Marine Money” publication in New York. - International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS CODE) certification obtained from BUREAU VERITAS.
- Granting of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 certifications by BSI Brasil, a subsidiary of the British Standards Institution (BSI) for the Integrated Management Systemof OSX Serviços, which is the operator of FPSO OSX-1.
Name: OSX 1 FPSO
Field: Waimea Oil Field
Field Operated By: OSX
Capacity: 60,000 bpd
Year of Completion:
The vessel's designed production capacity is up to 60.000 BOE per day, it is 271.75 meters in length and it can store up to 900,000 barrels
Keppel: Fabricating, modifying and upgrading the topside process modules
BW Offshore: Topside modifications and the delivery of a Submerged Turret Production (STP) system
2012 - First oil produced by the vessel