Auke Visser's Famous T - Tankers Pages | home
Built August 1943 by The Kaiser Company, Swan Island Yard, Portland, Oregon, as "Stony Creek"
# 813, for U.M.S.C.
1948 "Stony Creek", American Tramp Shipping Development Corp., Wilmington, Del. (Kulukundis), USA.
1957 "Poseidon", Red. Canyon Corp., (Mar-Trade Corp.), Monrovia, Liberia.
1960 Scrapped Blyth, by Hughes Bolckow, Ltd., arrived. 28.10.1960.
( See photos below )
The Miramar Ship Index for "STONY CREEK"
Scrapped at Blyth 28.10.1960. [ By Hughes Bolckow Ltd. ]
1944-04-17. Aerial port side view of the American tanker "Stony Creek".
She is armed with a 5 inch gun aft and a 3 inch AA gun mounted forward.
4 20 mm Oerlikon AA guns are grouped on the island amidships and 4 more are sited aft.
Spar decks have been constructed above the well decks for the carriage of deck cargo.
Correct name of the tanker is "Stony Creek".