Auke Visser´s German Esso Tanker's site | home
Adorna (2) - (1912-1914)
Built as the second "Adorna" for the German Deutsch-Amerik. Petroleum Ges., Hamburg in 1912.
Sold in 1914 as "Winnipeg" to Standard Oil Co. (New Jersey), New York, renamed same year as "Caddo".
Sold in 1929 to Imperial Oil, Ltd., London / Montreal and renamed "Albertolite", as seen here.
( Photo Source: Robert G. Halford's The Unknown Navy: Canada's WWII Merchant Navy. )
Drawing by Karl-Heinz Schwadtke.
A not so very sharp and small photo of the "Adorna (2)".
Additional Info by Starke & Schell Registers :
ADORNA -1912 GE 1Q (aft) (10)
6,330 GRT for Deutsch-Amerik. Petroleum Ges., Hamburg 415.0 x 55.2
Tanker build by Armstrong, Whitworth & Co., Ltd., Newcastle (8) #844
trading in the Pacific August 1914, transferred to U. S. flag
1914 - WINNIPEG Standard Oil Co. (New Jersey), New York, USA
1914 - CADDO, s/o
1927 - Standard Shipping Co., Inc., Wilmington, Del.
1929 - ALBERTOLITE Imperial Oil, Ltd., London / Montreal, CA
Dismantled 3d quarter 1946 by Capitol Iron & Metals, Ltd., Victoria, B.C. - hull sold to Powell River Co., Ltd., for floating
breakwater for log pounds at Powell River, B.C., - broken up at Seattle 1960 by Commercial Metals Co.
The Miramar Ship Index for "ADORNA"
1914 WINNIPEG - 1914 CADDO - 1929 ALBERTOLITE
Scrapped at Victoria, BC, 3 th quarte 1946 (hull scrapped at Seattle 1960)