Full-rigged ship HUGO (l) - KNSL
1316 GT-58.80 x11, 60x7, 31 mtr.
May 1868 in Bath, Maine, as HERMON for E. & W. Sewall, Baltimore (USA) made of oak & Pitchpineholz built and studded with colored metals.
1876 E. & A. Sewall, Bath (USA).
On 16.4.1880, by Wilhelm A. Riedemann and Albt. Nie. Schutte & Son (50%), Geestemünde (SSR Harburg), purchased from the U.S. and renamed HUGO.
Flag certificate dated 20.4.1880 in Le Havre.
On 9.8.1881 at the journey from Newcastle/ o. T. San Francisco with stone carbons in position approximately 42.00 S / 87.00 W Puerto Height Montt, off the Chilean coast by spontaneous combustion by the cargo and burned.
The ship was with 130,000 marks in Bremen insured.