Auke Visser´s German Esso Tanker's site | home
Baltic - (1920-1935/1950-1957)
See also : Esso Baltic - (1950-1957)
MS "Baltic", came into service in 1920, after being ordered in 1914, for the DAPG, Hamburg.
In 1926 reëngined with a 2 4 cylinder Krupp-Germania Diesel engines, each 1600 IHP.
In 1931 handed over to Waried Tankschiff Rhederei GmbH, Hamburg.
In 1935 handed over to the Panama Transport Company, Panama.
After the War handed over to Waried Tankschiff Rhederei GmbH, Hamburg, and renamed "Esso Baltic".
Sold for breaking up in 1957 to Eisen & Metall K G Lehr & Co. at Bremerhaven.
Additional Info by Starke & Schell Registers :
BALTIC - 1919 DZ 2T (aft)
8,987 GRT for Baltische-Amerik. Petroleum Import G.m.b.H., Danzig, 508.2 x 64.0
Tanker build by Nordseewerke, Emden (10) #62
1926 - converted to motor tanker 2M (aft) (10 kn)
1931 - s/o (Waried Tankschiff Rhed. G.m.b.H., mgrs.)
1935 - Panama Transport Co., Panama, PA
1950 - ESSO BALTIC Waried Tankschiff-Rhed. G.m.b.H., Hamburg, GE
1956 - Esso Tankschiff Reed. G.m.b.H., Hamburg
Sold Nov. 1957 to Eisen u. Metall K.G. Lehr & Co. and broken up at Bremerhaven.
The Miramar Ship Index for "BALTIC"
[ 1926 re-engined, 2 D-10 ] -
1950 ESSO BALTIC
Scrapped at Bremerhaven 11.1957. [ By Eisen u.Metall KG Lehr & Co. ]